Here we are with the important 4 markers from Linear Equations in Two Variables. We (with our team of experts) have listed all the CBSE Maths previous year important 4 markers questions. You can read the important 4 markers and download the PDF as well. We will shortly be launching our next Important 1 marker, 2 markers, and 3 markers series.
Important 4 markers part 2
(Linear Equations in Two Variables)
1. The speed of a boat in still water is 15 km/h. It goes 30 km upstream and returns back at the same point in 4 hours 30 minutes. Find the speed of the stream. (CBSE 2017)
2. The age of the father is twice the sum of the ages of his 2 children. After 20 years, his age will be equal to the sum of the ages of his children. Find the age of the father. (CBSE 2012)
3. A two-digit number is seven times the sum of its digits. The number formed by reversing the digits is 18 less than the given number. Find the given number. (CBSE 2013)
4. On reversing the digits of a two-digit number, the number obtained is 9 less than three times the original number. If the difference between these two numbers is 45, find the original number. (CBSE 2014)
5. Sita Devi wants to make a rectangular pond on the roadside for the purpose of providing drinking water for street animals. The area of the pond will be decreased by 3 square feet if its length is decreased by 2 ft. and breadth is increased by 1 ft. its area will be increased by 4 square feet if the length is increased by 1 foot and breadth remains the same. Find the dimensions of the pond. (CBSE 2014)
CBSE Previous Year Important (4 markers)
6. The owner of a taxi company decides to run all the taxi on CNG fuel instead of petrol/diesel. The taxi charges in the city comprise of fixed charges together with the charge for distance covered. For a journey of 12 km, the charges paid is Rs. 89 and for the journey of 20 km, the charge paid is Rs. 145. What will a person have to pay for travelling a distance of 30 km? (CBSE 2014)
7. A boat takes 4 hours to go 44 km downstream and it can go 20 km upstream at the same time. Find the speed of the stream and that of the boat in still water. (CBSE 2015)
8. A man travels 300 km partly by train and partly by car. He takes 4 hours if he travels 60 km by train and rest by the car. If he travels 100 km by train and remaining by car, he takes 10 minutes longer. Find the speed of the train and the car separately. (CBSE 2017)
9. The owner of a taxi company decides to run all the taxi on CNG fuel instead of petrol/diesel. The taxi charges in the city comprise of fixed charges together with the charge for distance covered. For a journey of 13 km, the charges paid is Rs. 129 and for the journey of 22 km, the charge paid is Rs. 210. What will a person have to pay for travelling a distance of 32 km? (CBSE 2014)
10. Saswat bought two pencils and three chocolates for Rs. 11 and Shreyas bought one pencil and two chocolates for Rs. 7. Represent this situation in the form of a pair of linear equations. Find the price of one pencil and that of one chocolate graphically. (CBSE 2017)
11. Shreya travels 14 km to her home partly by rickshaw and partly by bus. She takes half an hour if she travels 2 km by rickshaw and the remaining distance by bus. On the other hand, if she travels 4 km by rickshaw and the remaining distance by bus, she takes 9 minutes longer. Find the speed of the rickshaw and of the bus. (NCERT Exemplar)
12. A person rowing at the rate of 5km/h in still water takes thrice as much time in going 40 km upstream as in going 40 km downstream. Find the speed of the stream. (CBSE 2016)
13. A motorboat can travel 30 km upstream and 28 km downstream in 7 hours. It can travel 21 km upstream and return in 5 hours. Find the speed of the boat in still water and the speed of the stream. (NCERT Exemplar)
14. A two-digit number is obtained by either multiplying the sum of the digits by 8 and then subtracting 5 or by multiplying the difference of the digits by 16 and then adding 3. Find the number. (NCERT Exemplar)
15. A railway half ticket costs half the full fare, but the reservation charges are the same on a half ticket as on a full ticket. One reserved first-class ticket from station A to B costs Rs 2530. Also, one reserved first-class ticket and one reserved first-class half ticket from stations A to B costs Rs. Find the full first-class fare from station A to B and also the reservation charges for a ticket. (NCERT Exemplar)
16. A shopkeeper sells a saree at 8% profit and a sweater at a 10% discount thereby, getting a sum Rs. 1008. If she had sold the saree at a 10% profit and the sweater at 8% discount, she would have got Rs. 1028 then find the cost of the saree and the list price (price before discount) of the sweater. (NCERT Exemplar)
17. Dhinchak Pooja invested a certain amount of money in two schemes A and B, which offer at the interest of 8% per annum and 9% per annum, respectively. She received Rs. 1860 as annual interest. However, had she interchanged the amount of investments in the two schemes, she would have received Rs. 20 more as annual interest. How much money did she invest in each scheme? (NCERT Exemplar)
18. Sushant had some bananas and he divided them into two lots A and B. He sold the first lot at the rate of Rs. 2 for 3 bananas and the second lot at the rate of Rs. 1 per banana, and got a total of Rs. 400. If he had sold the first lot at the rate of Rs 1 per banana and the second lot at the rate of Rs. 4 for 5 bananas, his total collection would have been Rs. 460. Find the total number of bananas he had. (NCERT Exemplar)
To download these questions in PDF format, Click Here! To download Important 4 marker Questions Part-1, Click Here!
We hope that this article on important 4 markers part 2 has been helpful to you. We regularly post such material. If you have any queries or suggestions regarding this article, you can directly contact us and we will shortly get back to you.
Stay tuned to Group Of Tutors for more.
- कोहलबर्ग के नैतिक विकास का सिद्धांत।
- विकास में अनुवांशिकता और वातावरण की सापेक्ष भूमिका को समझाइये।
- मीडिया क्या है? समझाइये और बढ़ते बच्चों और किशोरों पर मीडिया के दुष्प्रभावों की विस्तार से व्याख्या कीजिये।
- परवरिश से आप क्या समझते हैं? विभिन्न परवरिश की शैलिओं के वारे में विस्तार से चर्चा करें जो बचपन और किशोर के विकास के पहलुओं को प्रभावित करतीं हैं।
- संज्ञानात्मक विकास
- यौन तथा पितृसत्ता, यौन भेदभाव तथा यौन रुधियुक्तियों का वर्णन कीजिये।
- Explain the concept of Cognitive Development in detail with special emphasis on Piaget’s Theory of Cognitive Development.
- Explain the term Parenting. Discuss in detail the various parenting styles that influence the development aspects of children and adolescents.
- Define assessment. How is it useful in the school education system?
- Discipline, Its Types, and Importance.