Delhi Teachers University (DTU) which has been established by Delhi Government is going to take admissions from 2022 only, said Delhi Dy Chief and Education Minister Manish Sisodia while inaugurating the university in March 2022. The state government has chosen to establish the one of its first kind Delhi Teachers University on around 12 acres of land in Bakkarwala village in west Delhi, according to information released by the minister via his official Twitter handle.
What is Delhi Teachers University?
Delhi Teachers University has been set-up to produce quality teachers. This university will enable students to take admission just after their class 12th and will provide 4 years integrated cources like B.A+B.Ed, B.Tech+B.Ed, M.Ed, Ph.D etc.
On taking admission to Delhi Teachers University (DTU), students will be able to pursue their courses from the university and they will also be able to apply for internships in the various Delhi Government Schools. The campus has the strength of around 5000 students and will offer other cources too like PHD, M.ED, and Certificate Programmes.
Delhi Teachers University will offer a new-age integrated teacher education programme after Class 12 and will also emphasize on fundamental and applied research in education by collaborating with national and international organizations.
It will also be ensured that trainees spend 30% to 50% percent of their time in schools and get hands-on learning experience from the very first month of their course. Along with this, a unique cell will also be set up in Delhi Teachers University which will visit schools of Delhi and motivate students to opt for the teaching profession, said Mr. Sisodia.
He said the courses offered at Delhi Teachers University will not focus solely on subject knowledge but to develop capacities and building practical skills that prepare teachers for the classroom. This includes exposure to international education systems through exchange programmes and visits.
Key Features of Delhi Teachers University
The Delhi government has announced the following key features of the Delhi Teachers University.
- It will offer high quality pre-service and in-service programmes
- New age BEd, MEd, PhD and certificate programmes will be offered.
- Strong emphasis on fundamental and applied research in education
- Partnership with various schools to give hands on experience.
- National and International collaboration for exchange of ideas and practices
- “Delhi Teachers University will also collaborate with the best national and international institutes and it will also research on the best teaching techniques.” (Said Delhi Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal)
- The university will have state-of-art classes, a library, lecture hall, computer labs, and conference room.
- The campus will be able to accommodate 5,000 students
- The main university block will be a four-storeyed building which comprises the administrative floor and education floor.
FAQ about Delhi Teachers University
|Inaugurated||4th March, 2022|
|Cources offered||B.Ed, M.Ed, Ph.D., and certificate programs|
|Duration of the cource?||4 Years (On the basis of NEP-2020)|
|I have passed my 12th, can I apply?||Yes|
|Does the university offer Distance mode?||No official confirmation yet.|
|Will I be able to teach in schools during the course?||Yes, all the students will have hands-on experience from the very first month of their course.|
|How many days will candidates have to teach in schools as a trainee?||30% to 50% of their course duration.|
|Will I be able to get a job in Delhi Schools?||Preference would be given to the interns and you could be hired on ad-hoc basis.|
|Can I apply for 2022 Session?||Yes, admissions will start soon.|
|How many admission seats are available in the University?||It can accommodate 5,000 students.|
|What is the location of the University?||Bakkarwala village in West Delhi, India.|
|Wher to apply?||Website|
Opportunities after/while pursuing course from Delhi Teachers University
- Teacher-trainees will be able to aaply as trainees in various schools
- Good chances of getting opportunities with International institutions.
We hope that this article has been beneficial for you. If you have any quarry or questions regarding the content on our website, feel free to contact us here.
Follow us on our social media handles to get regular updates-
Useful books for B.Ed and Teachers
Practical Files for B.Ed and Teachers
- ICT File [Computerized]
- Drama and Art in Education File [ENGLISH]
- Reading and Reflecting on Texts File [ENGLISH]
- Reading and Reflecting on Texts file [HINDI]
- Understanding the Self file [English]
- Understanding the Self file [HINDI]
- School Based Activities file [English]
- School Based Activities file [Hindi]
- Sessional Work for Drama and Art
- Slideshare Case Study – App Review
Lesson Plans for B.Ed and Teachers
- English Lesson Plans
- Biology Lesson Plans
- Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Commerce Lesson Plans
- Social Science Lesson Plans
- Mathematics Lesson Plans
- Physical Science Lesson Plans
- English Lesson Plans
- Hindi Lesson Plans
- Economics Lesson Plans
- Accountancy Lesson Plans
- Accounts Lesson Plan 2
- Business Studies Lesson Plans HINDI
- Biology Lesson Plans Bengali
Trending B.Ed articles
- JAMIA FREE UPSC Coaching
- What do you mean by parenting? How does it influence the development aspects of children and adolescents?
- Define assessment. How is it useful in the school education system?
- Discipline, Its Types, and Importance.
- संज्ञानात्मक विकास का सिद्धांत।
- कोहलबर्ग के नैतिक विकास का सिद्धांत।
- मूल्यांकन, आकलन तथा मापन में अंतर।
- परीक्षा क्या है?
- आकलन क्या है?
- ज्ञान प्राप्ति के स्रोत कौन-कौन से हैं?
- एरिक्सन के मनो-सामाजिक विकास के सिद्धांत की व्याख्या कीजिये।
- परवरिश से आप क्या समझते हैं?
If you also wish to contribute and help our readers find all the stuff at a single place, feel free to send your notes/assignments/PPTs/PDF notes/Files/Lesson Plans, etc., on our WhatsApp number +91-8920650472 Or by mailing us at email@example.com, we will give full credits to you for your kind contribution.
You can also work with us as a team by simply contacting us Here.
Delhi Teachers University (DTU) admission, Opportunities, 2022, DTU Key Features, M.Ed, B.Ed, Ph.D from Delhi Teachers University, Delhi Teachers University (DTU) vs MDU, KUK, CRSU, JAMIA, GGSIPU, CCSU, DU, etc.