Geography Lesson Plans: As you know, lesson plans are detailed descriptions of the course of instructions or “learning trajectories” for teachers. Lesson plans are developed on a daily basis by teachers to guide class learning.
Details may vary depending on the preference of the teachers, the subject being covered, and the needs of the students.
Here we present Geography Lesson Plans for teachers and B.Ed/B.El.Ed students. These Geography Lesson Plans are beneficial for all the teachers and B.Ed/D.El.Ed aspirants from several universities like JAMIA, MDU, CRSU, DU, IGNOU, IPU, etc.
You can browse these Geography (Social Studies/SST) Lesson Plans For B.Ed and can also download the PDFs from the links given below.
We have provided a mega lesson plan format, which will help you in understanding the pattern of the lesson plans and also the content, headings you need to add to your lesson plans.
Geography Lesson Plans
Geography Lesson Plans (MEGA LESSON PLAN)
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
|P.T Name – XYZ||Class – 7th|
|Subject – Social science||Period – 4th|
|Sub Subject – Geography||Time duration – 40 min|
|Topic – NATURAL VEGETATION AND WILDLIFE||Date- 3 March 2022|
|Place – ABC School, Delhi|
2. Content Analysis
- Category of Natural Vegetation
- Tropical Evergreen Forest
- Tropical Deciduous Forest
- Temperate Evergreen Forest
- Temperate Deciduous Forest
- Mediterranean Forests
- Tropical Grasslands
- Temperate Grasslands
- Thorny Bushes
- Tundra Vegetation
3. GENERAL OBJECTIVES
- To inculcate a Concerning attitude in Social Science among students.
- To create an interest among students in Social Science.
- To develop concern about the need to protect the Biodiversity of our Country.
4. SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
- To enable students to recall the meaning of Natural Vegetation.
- To enable the students to define the term Grassland.
- To enable students to distinguish categories of Natural Vegetation.
- To enable Students to discuss types of forests.
- To enable the students to predict types of Grasslands.
- To enable students to discover types of Grasslands.
5. TEACHING METHOD
- Lecture Method
- Discussion Method
- Inductive and Deductive Method
6. TEACHING SKILLS
- Skill of Explaining
- Skill of Stimulus Variation
- Skill of Illustration with Example
7. TEACHING AIDS
Text book, chalk, duster, pointer, black board / chalk board
Charts, Flash cards, Roller board.
8. PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE ASSUMED
P.T will assume that Students have some knowledge about vegetation and wildlife.
9. PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE TESTING
P.T will ask questions-
|P.T ACTIVITY||STUDENT ACTIVITY|
|Q.1– Which is the largest lake?||Ans.1– Caspian Sea|
|Q.2– Generally the warm ocean currents originate near……..?||Ans.2– Equator|
|Q.3– Strong seismic waves are known as………..?||Ans.3– Tsunami|
|Q.4– Periodic rise and fall of water is known as………..?||Ans.4– Tide|
|Q.5– Name the categories of Natural Vegetation?||Ans.5– No Response.|
10. ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE TOPIC
Well students! Today we will learn more about, “Natural Vegetation and Wildlife”.
11. PRESENTATION (Geography Lesson Plans)
|SUBJECT MATTER||Pupil Teacher’s Activity||Pupil Activities||Black-Board Work/ Teaching Aids|
The growth of vegetation depends on –
1. Temperature and moisture
2. Slope and thickness of soil.
Type and thickness of natural vegetation varies from place to place because of the variation in these factors.
Natural vegetation is generally classified into three broad categories as follows:
|P.T Will start the presentation and introduce the chapter.||Pupil will listen carefully|
It grows where temperature and rainfall are plentiful to support a tree cover. Depending upon these factors, dense and open forests are grown.
Grasslands: Which grow in the region of moderate rain.
Shrubs: Thorny shrubs and scrubs grow in the dry region.
|P.T will tell the types of Natural Vegetation via showing the chart or table.||Students are very excited tom know about Natural vegetation|
Following are the types of forrests:
Tropical Evergreen Forests
Tropical Evergreen forests are also called tropical rainforests. These thick forests occur in the regions near the equator and close to the tropics.
These regions are hot and receive heavy rainfall throughout the year. As there is no dry season, the trees do not shed their leaves. This is the reason they are called evergreen. Hardwood trees like rosewood, ebony, mahogany are common here.
|P.T will explain the types of forests with correct examples of each via chart.||Students will note down each and every point and ask queries to the teacher.|
|Tropical Deciduous Forests|
Tropical deciduous are the monsoon forests found in the large part of India, northern Australia and in Central America. These regions experience seasonal changes. Trees shed their leaves in the dry season to conserve water. The hardwood trees found in these forests are sal, teak, neem and shisham which are used to make furniture, transport and constructional materials. Tigers, lions, elephants, langoors and monkeys are the common animals of these regions.
Temperate Evergreen Forests
The temperate evergreen forests are located in the mid latitudinal coastal region. They are commonly found along the eastern margin of the continents, e.g., In south-east USA, South China and in South-East Brazil. They comprise both hard and softwood trees like oak, pine, eucalyptus, etc.
Temperate Deciduous Forests
Temperate Deciduous forests are found towards higher latitudes. These are found in the northeastern part of USA, China, New Zealand, Chile and also found in the coastal regions of Western Europe. They shed their leaves in the dry season. The common trees are oak, ash, beech, etc. Deer, foxes, wolves are the animals commonly found. Birds like pheasants, monals are also found here.
|Students will see the charts clearly and try to understand the Types of forests.|
The west and south-west margins of the continents are covered with Mediterranean vegetation. It is mostly found in the areas around the Mediterranean sea in Europe, Africa and Asia. This kind of vegetation is also found outside the actual Mediterranean region in California in the USA, south-west Africa, southwestern South America and Southwest Australia. Citrus fruits such as oranges, figs, olives and grapes are commonly cultivated here.
In the higher latitudes of Northern hemisphere, the spectacular Coniferous forests are found. These are also called Taiga. These forests are also seen in the higher altitudes. Chir, pine, cedar are the important variety of trees in these forests. Silver fox, mink, polar bear are the common animals found here.
These occur on either side of the equator and extend till the tropics. This vegetation grows in the areas of moderate to low amount of rainfall. The grass can grow very tall, about 3 to 4 metres in height. Savannah grasslands of Africa are of this type. Elephants, zebras, giraffes, deer, leopards are common in tropical grasslands.
|Pupil teacher will explain about Thorny bushes.||Students are listening carefully and note down the points in their notebook.|
These are found in the mid latitudinal zones and in the interior part of the continents. Usually, grass here is short and nutritious. Wild buffaloes, bisons, antelopes are common in the temperate region.
These are found in the dry desert-like regions. Tropical deserts are located on the western margins of the continents. The vegetation cover is scarce here because of scanty rain and scorching heat.
In the polar region, the growth of natural vegetation is very limited. Only mosses, lichens and very small shrubs are found here. It grows during the very short summer. This is called Tundra type of vegetation.
11. PRESENTATION (Geography Lesson Plans)
Well students, today we have learnt about Natural Vegetation, Forests, Grasslands etc.
The pupil-teacher evaluates the students by asking some questions:
- What do you mean by Wildlife?
- What are the three categories of Natural Vegetation?
- Name the different types of Forests?
- Name the types of Grasslands?
14. HOME WORK
- Write a short note on Natural Vegetation?
- Prepare a chart on Types of Forests.
- Explain Types of Grasslands in Brief?
Liked Geography Lesson Plans Quality? Order 10 Such Lesson Plans. Click Here!
Have some doubts? WhatsApp us here.
We hope that this article on Social Studies Lesson Plan has been beneficial for you. If you have any quarry or questions regarding the content on our website, feel free to contact us here.
Follow us on our social media handles to get regular updates-
- ICT File [Computerized]
- Drama and Art in Education File [ENGLISH]
- Reading and Reflecting on Texts File [ENGLISH]
- Reading and Reflecting on Texts file [HINDI]
- Understanding the Self file [English]
- Understanding the Self file [HINDI]
- School Based Activities file [English]
- School Based Activities file [Hindi]
- Sessional Work for Drama and Art
- Slideshare Case Study – App Review
- English Lesson Plans
- Biology Lesson Plans
- Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Commerce Lesson Plans
- Social Science Lesson Plans
- Mathematics Lesson Plans
- Physical Science Lesson Plans
- English Lesson Plans
- Hindi Lesson Plans
- Economics Lesson Plans
- Accountancy Lesson Plans
- Accounts Lesson Plan 2
- Business Studies Lesson Plans HINDI
- Biology Lesson Plans Bengali
- JAMIA FREE UPSC Coaching
- What do you mean by parenting? How does it influence the development aspects of children and adolescents?
- Define assessment. How is it useful in the school education system?
- Discipline, Its Types, and Importance.
- संज्ञानात्मक विकास का सिद्धांत।
- कोहलबर्ग के नैतिक विकास का सिद्धांत।
- मूल्यांकन, आकलन तथा मापन में अंतर।
- परीक्षा क्या है?
- आकलन क्या है?
- ज्ञान प्राप्ति के स्रोत कौन-कौन से हैं?
- एरिक्सन के मनो-सामाजिक विकास के सिद्धांत की व्याख्या कीजिये।
- परवरिश से आप क्या समझते हैं?
If you also wish to contribute and help our readers find all the stuff at a single place, feel free to send your notes/assignments/PPTs/PDF notes/Files/Lesson Plans, etc., on our WhatsApp number +91-8920650472 Or by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will give full credits to you for your kind contribution.
You can also work with us as a team by simply contacting us Here.
Geography Lesson Plans Lesson, Geography Lesson Plans, Geography Lesson Plans For B.Ed, Pedagogy of Geography Lesson Plans For Teachers, Geography Lesson Plans, Geography, Social Studies Lesson Plans, Geography Lesson Plans, Social Studies Lesson Plan for MDU, KUK, CRSU, JAMIA, GGSIPU, CCSU, DU, etc., Best Geography Lesson Plans