INDIA Size And Location Lesson Plan: As you know, lesson plans are detailed descriptions of the course of instructions or “learning trajectories” for teachers. Lesson plans are developed on a daily basis by teachers to guide class learning.
Details may vary depending on the preference of the teachers, the subject being covered, and the needs of the students.
Here we present Social Science Lesson Plans for teachers and B.Ed/B.El.Ed students. This INDIA Size And Location Lesson Plan is beneficial for all the teachers and B.Ed/D.El.Ed aspirants from several universities like JAMIA, MDU, CRSU, DU, IGNOU, IPU, etc.
You can browse this INDIA Size And Location Lesson Plan (Social Studies/SST Lesson Plans) and can also download the PDFs from the links given below.
We have provided a mega lesson plan format, which will help you in understanding the pattern of the lesson plans and also the content, headings you need to add to your lesson plans.
INDIA Size And Location Lesson Plan
INDIA Size And Location Lesson Plan (MEGA LESSON PLAN)
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
|P.T Name – XYZ||Class – 9th|
|Subject – Social science||Period – 5th|
|Sub Subject – Geography||Time duration – 40 min|
|Topic – INDIA Size And Location||Date- 4 April, 2022|
|Place – ABC School, Delhi|
2. Content Analysis (INDIA Size And Location)
3. India’s Neighbour
3. GENERAL OBJECTIVES
1. To inculcate a Concerning attitude in Social Science among students.
2. To create an interest among students in Social Science.
3. To develop interest about the Location and size of India.
4. SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
1. To enable students to recall the meaning of Longitudinal extent.
2. To enable the students to define the term Northern Hemisphere.
1. To enable students to distinguish Northern and Southern hemisphere..
2. To enable Students to discuss Location of India.
1. To enable the students to find out longitudinal and latitudinal extent of your state.
2. To enable students to collect information about silk route.
5. TEACHING METHOD
1. Lecture Method
2. Discussion Method
3. Inductive and Deductive Method
6. TEACHING SKILLS
1. Skill of Explaining
2. Skill of Stimulus Variation
3. Skill of Illustration with Example
7. TEACHING AIDS
Text book, chalk, duster, pointer, black board / chalk board
- Flash cards
- Roller board.
8. PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE ASSUMED
P.T will assume that Students have some knowledge about our country INDIA.
9. PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE TESTING
P.T will ask questions-
|P.T ACTIVITY||STUDENT ACTIVITY|
|Q.1– Which is the largest lake?||Ans.1– Caspian Sea|
|Q.2– Generally the warm ocean currents originate near……..?||Ans.2– Equator|
|Q.3– Strong seismic waves are known as………..?||Ans.3– Tsunami|
|Q.4– Do you know which point of Southernmost Indian Union|
got submerged under seawater during the tsunami……..?
|Ans.4– No Response.|
10. ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE TOPIC
Well students! Today we will learn more about, “INDIA- SIZE AND LOCATION”.
|Subject Matter||Pupil Teacher’s Activity||Pupil Activities||Teaching Aids|
|INTRODUCTION||P.T Will start the presentation and introduce the chapter.||Pupil will listen carefully|
India is lying entirely in the Northern hemisphere, as shown in the figure below.
• The land extends between latitudes 8°4’N and 37°6’N and longitudes 68°7’E and 97°25’E.
• The Tropic of Cancer (23° 30’N) divides India into almost two equal parts.
|P.T will tell about the location of the country by showing the chart.||Students are watching carefully and showing interest towards the chapter.|
India’s total area accounts for about 2.4% of the total geographical area of the world. Thus, it is the 7th largest country in the world, by its size.
• India has a land boundary of about 15,200 km.
• The total length of the coastline of the mainland is 7,516.6 km including Andaman and Nicobar and Lakshadweep.
• India is bounded by the mountains in the northwest, north and northeast. South of about 22° north latitude,
• Time along the Standard Meridian of India (82°30’E) passing through Mirzapur (in Uttar Pradesh) is taken as the standard time for India.
The map below shows the Extent of India and Standard Meridian.
|P.T will tell about the size of country||Students will note down each and every point and ask queries to the teacher.|
|India and the World|
The Indian landmass has a central location between the East and West Asia. India is a southward extension of the Asian continent.
The trans-Indian Ocean routes connect the countries of Europe in the West and the countries of East Asia. No other country has as long a coastline on the Indian Ocean as India has.
India’s contacts with the World have continued through the ages. The spices, muslin and other merchandise were taken from India to different countries.
On the other hand, the influence of Greek sculpture, and the architectural styles of domes and minarets from West Asia can be seen in different parts of India.
|Pupil teacher will dictate the content briefly||Students will see the charts clearly and try to understand.|
India has 29 states and seven Union Territories. India shares its land boundaries with:
• Pakistan and Afghanistan in the northwest
• China (Tibet), Nepal and Bhutan in the north
• Myanmar and Bangladesh in the east
The southern neighbours across the sea consist of the two island countries, Sri Lanka and Maldives. India has had strong geographical and historical links with her neighbours.
|P.T will tell about the neighbouring countries of INDIA.||Students will note down the points|
and then try to relate the points with the chart
Well students, today we have learnt about INDIA- Size and Location.
The pupil-teacher evaluates the students by asking some questions:
1. How many states have common frontiers with Nepal? Write their names.
2. Which island countries are our southern neighbours?
3. Name the countries which are larger than India?
4. Name the group of islands lying in Arabian Sea?
14. HOME WORK
1. The Sun rises two hours earlier in Arunachal Pradesh as compared to Gujarat in the west but the watches show the same time. How does it happen?
2. The central location of India at the head of the Indian ocean is considered of great significance. Why?
INDIA Size And Location Lesson Plan PDF/Images
Page 1. (INDIA Size And Location SST Lesson Plan B.Ed)
Page 2. (INDIA Size And Location SST Lesson Plan B.Ed)
Pg 3. (Presentation)
Page 4. (Continued)
Page 5. (Recapitulation)
Liked INDIA Size And Location Lesson Plan Quality? Order 10 Such Lesson Plans. Click Here!
Have some doubts? WhatsApp us here.
We hope that this article on INDIA Size And Location Social Studies Lesson Plan has been beneficial for you. If you have any quarry or questions regarding the content on our website, feel free to contact us here.
Follow us on our social media handles to get regular updates-
- ICT File [Computerized]
- Drama and Art in Education File [ENGLISH]
- Reading and Reflecting on Texts File [ENGLISH]
- Reading and Reflecting on Texts file [HINDI]
- Understanding the Self file [English]
- Understanding the Self file [HINDI]
- School Based Activities file [English]
- School Based Activities file [Hindi]
- Sessional Work for Drama and Art
- Slideshare Case Study – App Review
- English Lesson Plans
- Biology Lesson Plans
- Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Commerce Lesson Plans
- Social Science Lesson Plans
- Mathematics Lesson Plans
- Physical Science Lesson Plans
- English Lesson Plans
- Hindi Lesson Plans
- Economics Lesson Plans
- Accountancy Lesson Plans
- Accounts Lesson Plan 2
- Business Studies Lesson Plans HINDI
- Biology Lesson Plans Bengali
- JAMIA FREE UPSC Coaching
- What do you mean by parenting? How does it influence the development aspects of children and adolescents?
- Define assessment. How is it useful in the school education system?
- Discipline, Its Types, and Importance.
- संज्ञानात्मक विकास का सिद्धांत।
- कोहलबर्ग के नैतिक विकास का सिद्धांत।
- मूल्यांकन, आकलन तथा मापन में अंतर।
- परीक्षा क्या है?
- आकलन क्या है?
- ज्ञान प्राप्ति के स्रोत कौन-कौन से हैं?
- एरिक्सन के मनो-सामाजिक विकास के सिद्धांत की व्याख्या कीजिये।
- परवरिश से आप क्या समझते हैं?
If you also wish to contribute and help our readers find all the stuff at a single place, feel free to send your notes/assignments/PPTs/PDF notes/Files/Lesson Plans, etc., on our WhatsApp number +91-8920650472 Or by mailing us at email@example.com, we will give full credits to you for your kind contribution.
You can also work with us as a team by simply contacting us Here.
INDIA Size And Location Lesson Plan, INDIA Size And Location Lesson Plan, INDIA Size And Location Lesson Plan For B.Ed, Pedagogy of Social Science INDIA Size And Location Lesson Plan For Teachers, INDIA Size And Location Lesson Plan, INDIA Size And Location, Social Studies Lesson Plans, INDIA Size And Location Lesson Plan, Social Studies Lesson Plan for MDU, KUK, CRSU, JAMIA, GGSIPU, CCSU, DU, etc., Best French Revolution Lesson Plan, INDIA Size And Location SST Best Lesson Plan